Have you put the heat on in your home yet? We have been trying to resist turning on the heat as long as possible.
I have been doing more cooking and baking in the evening and that seems to be all we need for now. My cookie dough experiments have been keeping us warm.
The end results of this experiment are some sort of cookie bars that happened when I tried to figure out the proportions of wet to dry ingredients.
I tried one recipe that called for 1 stick of butter and 1 egg. The dough was impossibly dry and the cookies never flattened out. They stayed in nearly the original dough ball shape.
Another recipe called for 2 sticks of butter and 2 eggs. I gave this a try next
The results were a dough that was way too wet and the cookies flattened and spread too much. It was a disaster.
Here is a picture only halfway through the baking
They were practically crepes…
So I made a makeshift baking pan out of some nonstick aluminum foil and I ended up with cookie bars.
These are not what I planned to make, but they are pretty good. A cake-like cookie.
My experiments will continue, and when I figure it all out, I’ll share the recipe. Until then I am like a mad scientist, creating cookie monsters in my lab.